Friday 3 September 2021

Proud to be a Larry!

 


“I’ve been into records and tapes since about 2010”



Founded in New York in 2019 by a man with the middle name of Lawrence and the logo, a memorial of his passed kitten named Cannoli, Larry records are known for putting out the best screamo in the world, or for you genre specific frothers out there "post-hardcore" as well as the niche over looked under appreciated genre of emo violence. Now I know some of you out there will cringe at the mention of “emo” as a genre and think of more contemporary acts that bare little resemblance to the original wave of emo but trust me, don’t judge this book by it’s cover.

Joining his first band in 2012, People’s Temple Project.

“we didn’t release a lot, but we toured and played with a lot of good bands”

“one of my best friends owns a grindcore label Third Eye Grind, he taught me how to dub tapes and showed me the ropes”

In a sense Larry Records works as an archivist of the genres, releasing Nayru’s The Disease Of Language and Ice Hockey’s A Brief History Of Time, both bands being defunct at the time of the releases.

The label holds true to the do it yourself aesthetic with unique packaging such as a miniature coffin for the release of a four way split tape and strange added extras such as a wisdom tooth.

 “It’s really been uphill since then. I really thought I was just gonna put out a tape here and there but it exploded, and here I am”.

The future of Larry records has more records and definitely more merch as well as a lot more "lathes" and a few tapes. 

Link you up:

Bandcamp

Discogs

Instagram

Facebook

Sounds Of Green From Robotic Hands

3;45am my partner and I have dozed off and let YouTube auto play through it’s algorithm on the tv as we sleep into each other. Suddenly I wa...