Wednesday 22 August 2018

Time Goes By, SOS By FLXYD Feat. Mityrion

FLXYD - SOS (Feat. Mityrion)

I can't say that R&B and soul is something of my tastes exactly but I'll review any music if I'm given the patience and time.

FLXYD is a solo R&B project By Alec, out of Lexington, in the U S of A.

This track begins with a nice pan effect, vibrating left to right, as if a child is standing in the way of my stereo system and blocking the cone of one speaker with an actual cooking pan, but after a few more seconds I'm reminded of a beach vibe. As if the panning vibrato or tremolo is emulating waves of water slowly coming in and out. It's also reminiscent those trailers for Grand Theft Auto Vice City with Kool And The Gang as the accompanying music.

At 0:26 we are hit with our first vocal of FLXYD, a deep and sorrowing
"Oh no no"
This simple phrase is enough to concrete this music project in a dim, cloudy cloak of mystery as well as misery, it's as if my day of relaxing at the beach is all of a sudden been met with overcast weather and an arctic breeze cold enough to erect my nipples, abeling them to cut through glass and and feel what is left of my testicles up the back of my throat.
However it's the kind of coldness that only Rhythm And Blues can convey and in this case it has been achieved well as this music does make me feel empathy.

throughout the background of the soundscape an eastern instrument can be heard, I don't have perfect pitch at all however to my ears this sounds like a pentatonic scale being played however it also has a jazz guitar sound to it, as if the musician is so grief stricken they are just barely picking the strings.

0:52 you get hit with a small yet steady almost glitchy build up to a vocal mimicking with both FLXYD and Mityrion singing 
"Oh no no, can't let her go"
within seconds of each other, creating an almost unearthly delay that smacks the pitch up on the first feedback, never the less it is haunting and tells more of a story yet again but with more of a sentence.
then the break, a strong yet subtle vocal performance from Mityrion bring across more melancholy and angst, the kind of feelings that are very unique and individual to each person that has felt them.

Production wise; Unlike a lot of horrid Lil suck my dik soundcloud musicians this is actually worthy of a listen, the sound is clean and crisp however also very warm and personally that's where I believe the jazz like undertone comes from.

The song is nice for those long as days at work and getting home in the dark to an empty house, throw on this chill beat for the next time that happens to you and you'll find yourself walking in slow motion to the song as you take in all the sounds

Debut EP four track out on the seventh day of September.

song rating: Dark trip hop

Instagram

Contact




Sounds Of Green From Robotic Hands

3;45am my partner and I have dozed off and let YouTube auto play through it’s algorithm on the tv as we sleep into each other. Suddenly I wa...